The College of Medicine (COM), Department of Dermatology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) invites applications for the Dermatologist position to an academic appointment at an Assistant or Associate Professor level. This growing, dynamic department is suited for a candidate with enthusiasm for academic teaching and research, interest in building a professional niche, and desire to pursue future leadership opportunities.
- Predominantly outpatient clinical care of patients with a variety of dermatologic conditions with personal interest and expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- General medical dermatology
- In-patient dermatology
- Pediatric dermatology (in association with our affiliated Arkansas Children’s Hospital)
- Surgical dermatology/ Mohs surgery
- Clinical education for resident physicians, medical students, and other learners
- Inpatient consult and call coverage (shared with other faculty members)
- Participation in advancement of the educational and scholarly missions of the college through student/ resident mentorship of research and scholarship
- Support of, and contribution to a work environment that embraces the UAMS Core Values: integrity, respect, diversity and health equity, teamwork, creativity, excellence, and safety.
- Opportunities for leadership within the department based on interest and experience
- Opportunities and sponsorship for regional and national dermatologic society service
- Opportunities for joint appointments to serve veterans at our nearby Veterans Administration Hospital
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
- M.D. or equivalent.
- License to practice medicine or eligibility for licensure in Arkansas.
- Candidate must be Dermatology board eligible or board certified. Candidates for sub-specialty Dermatology (Pediatric, Mohs microsurgery) should be board eligible or certified in the sub-specialty.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- UAMS recently rated 7th in Nation on Forbes Magazine’s Best Employers for Diversity List and top 30% of Employers for Women
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Interested applicants should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing their academic interests to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.