Our organization is patient focused and our providers can take special satisfaction inthe knowledge that we allow them the time and encouragement to build relationships with their patients. We are located in a rural setting so our patients are neighbors and friends, not numbers and data files. Our PCPs provide the full scope of primary care services, including diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventative care and health maintenance to patients. They work collaboratively with the care team to ensure that each patient gets the best possible care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates as an active member of the medical staff to ensure prioritization of patient needs.
- Attends to patients in a timely and orderly manner to keep waiting time to aminimum and maximize productivity.
- Obtains appropriate patient history, performs physical evaluation, orders appropriate diagnostic tests and follows-up with interpretation, formulates assessment and initiates treatment plan with appropriate follow up appointments.
- Reviews incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) signs, dates and follows up withpatients in a timely manner.
- Ensures documentation is recorded in a complete, timely and orderly manner, utilizing template in the electronic medical record.
- Adheres to DCMC productivity and quality standards and meets minimum requirements.
- Consults and refers with/to appropriate Specialty Physicians.
- Participates in the quality care review and chart review program.
- Assesses, stabilizes and triages patients.
- Be committed to the mission of Dallas County Medical Center•Behave in a professional manner and consistently demonstrate and promote the values of respect, honesty, and dignity for the patient, families, and all members of the healthcare team.
- Committed to the constant pursuit of excellence and teamwork in improving thecare of the patient and families of Dallas County Medical Center•Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the Practice by abiding by laws and principles related to confidentiality; keep information concerning Practice Operations, patients and employees confidential.
- This position requires compliance with DCMC's compliance standards, includingits Standards of Conduct, Compliance Program, and policies and procedures. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the Primary CarePhysician’s regular performance evaluation.
The practice is located in a small, rural town. The office is small but busy. Our mainfocus is to better the community. The noise level in the office is moderate although laughter is a norm as staff are very friendly and patients generally cheerful.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- A minimum of least three years of experience as a Primary Care Physician preferred.
- Strong patient focus.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to deal with trauma situations and death.
- Ability to make difficult decisions.
- Strong aptitude for calculating correct medicine doses.
- Willingness and ability to lead medical staff committees or initiatives.
The following education requirements are considered essential:
- Medical degree in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Completion of a residency program in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Continuing education to maintain licensure and to enhance the health of the community and to provide excellent patient care to a full spectrum of constituents.
Must be licensed in the State of Arkansas or be eligible for licensure before beginning practice.
Dallas County Medical Center Employee Benefits
- Generous, competitive compensation
- Educational Benefits/Loan forgiveness/NHSC application in process for 2024
- 20 earned days annually off for vacation/CME
- 5 earned days off for sick time
- Health insurance•Dental insurance•Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental insurances including Cancer, Accident, Specific Illness Insurances,Legal Shield & Identity Theft protection
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
Please send CV to email@example.com.