The Department of Biomedical Informatics
at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) seeks a fellow for its Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program
. Qualified applicants will have completed an ACGME accredited residency program in an ADULT specialty (Internal medicine, Family medicine, etc.) before the fellowship program start date on July 1, 2023, or already be a practicing physician with an adult medical specialty. The fellowship is a two-year appointment. Fellows learn the advanced informatics they need to be successful leaders and innovators, gain real-world operational experience in the applied science of Clinical Informatics, and contribute to research in this exciting and growing field, all while maintaining a clinical practice in pediatrics.
The Clinical Informatics Fellow will train at The University of Arkansas for Medical Science Medical Center. The basic curriculum is up to 60 hours per week and contains several components: didactics, rotations, operational and clinical responsibilities. Operational responsibilities are up to 20 hours per week. Clinical responsibilities can be up to 20% of the fellow’s effort. Fellows complete a Fellow Research Project by the end of the second year. Fellows also complete the EPIC Physician Builder training series that is complementary to the fellow’s clinical specialty of interest. Clinical Informatics fellows also undertake coursework in the Clinical Informatics track of the UAMS graduate degree program in Biomedical Informatics. Fellows complete a Certificate Degree in Biomedical Informatics, which can be used to complete a Master of Science Degree in Biomedical Informatics.
The educational purpose and goals of the Clinical Informatics Fellowship include:
· Contribute to the improvement of the clinical informatics systems used in the advancement of the quality of care and patient safety.
· Lead the exploration of important informatics or operational questions and to design, conduct, analyze and report in the peer-reviewed literature the studies that answer them.
· Advance efforts toward identifying, characterizing, solving and evaluating solutions for clinical informatics-related problems in healthcare.
· Cultivate and maintain awareness of knowledge gaps, identify and undertake learning and other professional development activities to fill them.
· Develop leadership skills in leading informatics project implementations and deployments.
· Build a foundation of knowledge, experience, and relationships to enable continued academic contributions to the discipline of Clinical Informatics.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
· Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
· Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
· Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
· Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
· Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
· Career Training and Educational Opportunities
· Merchant Discounts
· Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience and U.S. guidelines for fellowship and residency pay scales.
The successful candidate would play a key role in:
· Participating in rotations, coursework, trainings, didactics and professional development
· Performing clinical duties in pediatrics
· Performing operational duties as part of a team of Clinical Informatics specialists
· Conduct and present research
· Previous residency training in an adult medical specialty from an ACGME accredited program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work collaboratively and as part of an international team
· Preferred: Programming experience in languages frequently used in scientific computing, especially for high performance computing and bioinformatics such Unix/Linux, Python, R, and Perl
· Demonstrated interest or previous work/research in Clinical Informatics
· Domain knowledge in biomedical research
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.